We also have a Copyright Policy.
As of December 20th, 2016
Access to the Site and Service
You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service and accessing the Site. You may not use the Site or the Service:
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any ConnectMe user;
- to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store material that is deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity;
- to run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or spam on the Site or through the Service;
- in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, hate materials or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, any hacking, surveillance, interception, or descrambling equipment, cigarettes, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, unlicensed sale of prescription drugs and medical devices, pornography, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks and securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, non-packaged food items, weapons and accessories;
- to operate nuclear facilities, life support, or other mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake. You understand that the Service is not designed for such purposes and that its failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which ConnectMe is not responsible;
- to sell, lease, share, transfer, or sublicense the Service or derive income from the use of the Service in conjunction with ConnectMe APIs or other web services, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without ConnectMe's prior, express, written permission;
- in a product or service that competes with products or services offered by ConnectMe.
ConnectMe may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the Service (collectively, "Support"), in its sole discretion, and may change, reduce or terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. ConnectMe reserves the right to charge fees for Support.
ConnectMe reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the Site or the Service.
Users of the Site or Service may gain access to third party sites on the Internet through hypertext or other computer links on the Site. Third party sites are not within the supervision or control of ConnectMe. ConnectMe does not make any representation or warranty whatsoever about any third party site that may be linked to or from the Site or Service. ConnectMe has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that ConnectMe has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site or Service; what Content you access via the Site or Service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. ConnectMe makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site or Service, and ConnectMe will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service. ConnectMe, THE SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE EXPERIMENTAL AND HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED IN ANY MANNER. ConnectMe DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF INACCURACIES, ERRORS, BUGS, OR INTERRUPTIONS, OR ARE RELIABLE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR OTHERWISE VALID. THE SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND AND ConnectMe EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE PHONE OR LOSS OF DATA.
Limitation of Liability
ConnectMe SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT ConnectMe HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ConnectMe BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Release and Waiver
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against ConnectMe, and its employees, officers, agents, or other partners from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Site or the Service. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Hold Harmless and Indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify ConnectMe, and its employees, officers, agents, or other partners from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Site or the Service (including anything you develop using ConnectMe), including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. ConnectMe shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.